SEED's Spring Family Day is coming up on Saturday, May 19, Noon-3:00 PM, at Twin Canyon in Lafayette. This fun, engaging event will provide an opportunity for kids and families to get hands-on exposure to local services for kids with special needs, in a casual outdoor environment.
During the event, kids with special needs and their typically-developing siblings/friends can:
- Join a Walnut Creek e-soccer or Challenger Baseball practice
- Join a drum circle with Sam Zavaleta
- Interact with a service dog from Canine Companions for Independence
- Try a Crossfit workout designed for kids with special needs with Puzzle Piece Athletics
- Watch a karate demonstration or explore a martial-arts-themed obstacle course with Delta Martial Arts and Athletics
- Experience a variety of Occupational Therapy activities with Max-Ability OT
- Learn to pick healthy foods with Sarah Fairhurst, NC
- Enjoy a hike and play mindfulness group games with Fiddleheads counselors
- Try Reiki energy healing with Spirit Body Healing & VibrantFem (Parents can do this, too!)
- Interact with animals with Jungle James Animal Adventures
- Play with au pairs from PROAuPair or do a craft with au pairs from Cultural Care
- Try some crazy hairstyles with Snip-Its Kids salon
For parents, the event will include two interactive educational presentations:
- Assessment Basics with PlaySpace
- Parenting Support with GreenLeaf Psychology
- CHILD CARE will be available during the parent education talks, on a first-come, first-served basis, from the professionally trained special-needs au pairs from PROAuPair
For everyone: Barbecue lunch is included!
Cost is $10/family. To RSVP, click here.
For a list of vendors and the day's schedule, click here.
Disclaimer: Please note that Camp Twin Canyon is a very rustic setting, with uneven ground and no paved pathways. It is not wheelchair-friendly. If anyone in your family uses a wheelchair or has other significant mobility challenges, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you in determining if this event will be suitable for your family.